Sunday 29 April 2018

Tag Post: Book Reader Problems

In order to make this blog less boring, I would post at least one post non-review each month, like Top Ten Tuesday. But because I didn't participate in any TTT this month, I decided to participate in one of book tag I found at The Book Nut instead.

image source: tumblr. typography: me.

"You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?"
Goddamnit 200 books in my TBR and it already makes me going mad for choosing one. How am I supposed to choose from a hundred times more than that? ... Okay, ummm, just stick to my normal pattern, I guess: it depends on my mood. For example when I was watching tv series about vampire or werewolf or witchcraft or something like that, then I usually have the urge to read book about the same theme.

"You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?"
I'll read it 'till the end, but the struggle is REAL! I could read it for almost two months or more (ex: Time Traveler's Wife). But it was just once in a while tho—having halfway reading a book seems like a long way, and the words 'put the book down' usually just happens when I read 1/4 part of the book.

"The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?"
*EVIL LAUGH* xD Sorry I can't help but laughing hard. This is literally my habit almost each year hahahahah. There are three ways to catch up to our reading challenge, for my case its Goodreads reading challenge: 1) Read-a-thon, this is the normal and perfect way for a really great reader; 2) Reading thin books (comic, graphic novel, etc); and last but the BEST and definitely MY way 3) Decrease the number of goals! Always works! ^_^


"The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?"
Crying in agony. Literally.

"Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?"
... I guess right now I'm having no one in real life (who also loves book) to share this happy feeling when I meet another gorgeous characters in books or sad feeling when they're dead. Okay, this is depressing.. -,- Well, thankfully I had three siblings who could always gladly hear me rumbling about books! Don't care if they really listen tho. xD

"You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?"
Errr, I don't know, I never experienced crying over book in public—and the fact that I rarely read in public. But I ever cried over a book when I read during my stay at my grandma's, where my family around. I couldn't hold my tears! How could I? If I stop reading it then the feeling would not be the saaame!

"The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to re-read it?"
Yes. Even I already planned to re-read the first installment of Inkworld by Cornelia Funke (this is not a new publish series tho, I just happen to own the complete books last year) and complete reading that series this year. Hope I could make it—it's too thick!

"You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?"
Me: 'sorry I haven't read it yet, maybe later' and then years later when I finally read it she/he would probably forget or already borrow it somewhere...

"You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?"
This happened for the last two years. My solution was simple: stop reading anything until I have the urge to read again.

"There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?"
Honestly? Just one. I mean, one order package: three or four books. :p

"After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?"
... *heavy silence* *think hard: calculating the years* *crack a laugh* I don't know, probably.. umm.. years later? xD

At first I just wanna participate this book tag for the sake of posting something non-review but then I ended up having fun—and wishing there's more question related to reader's problem! xD I would gladly tag everyone who happened to stop by this post. Hopefully you'll have the same fun as I do. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! PS, I'm totally doing this tag!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...