Friday 24 January 2020

Please Help Me Read More Books!!!

I felt like I've been slapped in my face when my very best friend, Novi, sent me this video..


Seriously, like, why the hell she always manages to say the right things at the right time? T_T

Just several days ago, I was having a tea while watching my bookshelves (YES, WATCHING THEM! NOT PICKING THEN READING ONE OF THOSE!!!) that I haven't even seen, let alone touched, for probably a century, no.. for probably six months, which felt like six centuries! Yes, you can imagine HOW DUSTY they are right now! I was there doing nothing but sipping my tea as if I didn't have a lot of things to do (AS IF I COULDN'T PICK A BOOK AND READ AT THAT VERY MOMENT) and thinking... "God... I miss reading.. I miss having that peaceful time when there's nothing on my mind but little fairies and magic and even that stupid love triangle.. I miss having fun in reading and talking about them in this shitty blog... I miss having read-together-time with fellow bbi members.. I even miss that moment when I only read one sentence in a book then fell asleep.."

Yes, that was precious times.

That video somehow makes me ashamed of myself for always having excuses in reading book. Especially this very moment that I haven't even continued reading Blood of Olympus which is... umm.. around 100 pages left to finish. ._. I could continue reading Percy and friends' final adventure and finish those 100 pages here in one seat, I mean it! However, instead of reading it, I have so many excuses such as "I don't want this book to end" or "Laterzz! I wanna prepare some materials for blablablah!", while in fact... I am too lazy to open that book and choose to do in-game event instead. -_-

Please forget that last sentence..
Why did I bother to write that anyway?
Stupid.

There are lots on my mind after watching that video..
1. Max is kinda HOT and that's one hell of a pleasure in that video! I'm sorry, I really am trying to ignore that fact while being immersed by the beauty of those bookstores, but oh well.. I really like the way he talks about books. ^^;
2. I really would like to go around the world visiting every bookstores! I really mean this! T_T And the people that very much be my perfect companies for that are of course Dudung and Novi!!! Imagine three of us walking side by side on those spiraling staircase.. touching those books.. or even feeling the calmness of that special Rowling corner.... staying in that Literary Man Hotel... waking up and seeing books in every corner... *sigh* the question is, when?!
3. I need to read more books! I don't wanna die when there are still lots of books I haven't read yet. I don't wanna have that stupid 'didn't read enough' placard on my face! I should read more books!!! I should read those motherfcking books!!!

....then a voice is coming somewhere from the deep darkness within,
"Can you really do that, girl? All you've been saying all this time is to read more books and write the review out of them? But where the hell were you? You were only playing games to chase those SSR event goodies and in the end you missed them while at the same time you could better spend those hours to read your goddamn books!!! Sh*t, can't believe I waste my time talking to you! Bye! Whatever! Do what you wanna do! You can start reading again now! Or just live your meaningless life until the day you die and your books can only watch you in misery later on! You're such a cruel person for letting your books cry..."


Yeah, I know. I am such a cruel person to let my books cry because I never read them... T_T

That's why I make this post! I really am seeking help right now so that I can back on track in defeating this laziness of mine. That's why I am seeking help from ME, and YOU!

edited by me. i forget where the hell i got this pic tho. but thanks, whoever you are.


FIRST! I know that reading is an activity that we do because we're having fun while doing that, not because it is a chore we have to do. Someone on that video made sure to tell us that, and Max is also literally reading for pleasure. Well, I always find it a pleasure to read a book, the hard thing is, TO START READING them!

I always find it difficult to start doing something. EVERYTHING. But once I start, I hardly find a time to stop myself when I am being so deep in those things I am doing..

It is not that different with reading books. Back in those old times when I read lot of books, there were lots of reading challenge or weekly post by fellow bbi-ers, and I had so much fun in doing them. I could say that they were such a big encouragement for me in starting to read books. Now? Most of them are not actively hosting these challenges anymore so now I am like... *sigh again* I know there are lots of reading challenge out there, but they just don't feel the same. I would like to host a reading challenge tho, but... I'm a super duper shy person. ^^;

NEXT! Last year, I was already starting to re-arrange my reading habit. There was always at least 30 minutes in a day or one chapter in a day. It was a slow progress, but better than not reading at all. However, as the year grew older until finally it reached December... I realized that I didn't do that habit anymore for the second half of the year. Such a waste of times, you would say. As for me, I never once thought that it was a waste, since I did achieve something on that period. Well, lets say that it was a big turn-point in my life?

Although it was not such a waste for my side, I could never let that happen again this year. I should really re-start that habit, or else I would end-up in guilt forever for abandoning my children. T_T Should I give myself a reward after I read a book? Perhaps I could give myself a book after I finish one? Or you could give me a book when I finish one? I would be super duper glad! ^^;

LASTLY! Reading pals. I really need these kind of people to beat THOSE SEXY THICK BOOKS! I don't think I would ever finish reading Les Misérables if not because these reading pals, really. Also, I don't think I would ever start reading Gone with the Wind if not because Dudung who lent this to me and wanted me to re-tell the book for her and Novi.

I think the last point is more like I ask YOU for help rather than I ask myself for re-arrange this reading habit? Then.. dear you, whoever you are, wherever you come from... if you want to beat those sexy thick books together, I am always happy to accompany you as long as I have those books on my shelves!

***

Dang! This post is longer than I thought it would be. -_-
Whatever.

By the way, are you also having a difficult time to go back on track in reading like me? I really hope we can solve this inner problem together!!!

Linda♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...